Friday, November 17, 2023

 Hey, daddy! How are you? I hope everything is ok over there. I remember that you told me to make my therapy talking in English. You said to me that is going to be good if I don´t speak in Portuguese. And then, here I am. Now, I’m trying to write only in this language. In some ways, it’s like therapy.

I have an idea. What if I write a book about conversations with you? But it must be in English. Even if I use the wrong words to tell this story, I’m really interested in making it. Maybe I will send it to Brad (remember him? The one who you confused his name with bread? The one who you called “The mysterious guy “or something like that?) I think he can correct this text. He’s an excellent professional. But if he cannot do it, it’s ok (he’s always busy, he’s a Leo I know you dont believe in these things).

No, daddy. It’s not snowing here but it is raining leaves! Yes, it’s Fall! The trees are beautiful. The colors of the season came and it’s so pretty. I can watch from inside the house, through the window. It's a wonderful nature presentation. 

We went outside and it’s too cold. I must confess that it is not my kind of weather. You already know about that, righ

When I saw the gray sky, I almost gave up. I was in my place in this room, warm and comfy, thinking about cancelling the Saturday that Brad was plaining during all week. When he noticed that, he said that he was leaving the house with Miguel and our dog Mika (I cannot resist thinking about the name you could call her. I’m sure that will be another funny one like Ferrari, Jeep, Mesquita, Adamastor, Caboge, Chernobyl…). Suddenly I changed my mind and my clothes. I decided to go outside with them.

I have to confess that it was better to go than stay at home. Because even on cold days we can have fun meeting some friends. Even when is not like the old times in Brazil. I was complaining about the distance from here to the place we went but the friend we met said the right thing. She said that she could see and appreciate the beautiful trees. I super agree with her. What a good observation! What a good way to see life! Isn’t it, daddy? I know you agreed with her too.

The leaves are falling and they fall like dancing. 

  I must try a way to stay warm. I must try a way to be strong. To be happy in this country. In this city. In this house. With them. My two mysterious guys. My two American guys.

It’s almost 18:00. The Virgin Mary’s hour. The time is running but I didn’t notice because I was writing these words. In English! Can you believe it, daddy? Me neither. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that I got a job here. I’m working with children. I’m a teacher assistant in a classroom with 12 children. They are 3, 4 years old. What do you think about that? I know, it’s not my field. I’m a copywriter, but I got tired of that.

Now, I am enjoying the experience with children again. I worked with them before in Brazil, remember? Sometimes I feel like I’m playing with them. The problem is with the adults. My problem is how I must communicate with the adults. How can I communicate in the right way with them? My English is not very good yet and I don’t know it’ll be good someday. You know what I mean.

I'll keep trying to do my best. And let me tell you something: yes, now I think I'm happy. 

But, as you can see...

"How I wish, How I wish you were here!!!!" 🫂


No comments: